Can you help us provide healthy, nutritious food for the 24 guests in our night shelter?
Emmanuel House’s Harvest 2020 Appeal is looking a little different to previous years. But despite our current services running in different ways, we still need your help to provide food for some of Nottingham’s most vulnerable people.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic and the government’s ‘Everyone In’ policy, the Nottingham Night Shelter moved into a hotel on 27th March 2020. We’ve been providing much-needed support during a period of crisis and have enabled rough sleepers to self-isolate in individual rooms throughout the pandemic.
As well as private rooms with en-suite facilities, hot showers, housing advice and health support, we are also providing our guests with food, drinks and snacks with the help of other voluntary sector organisations. We are currently serving 72 meals a day – that’s over 500 meals every week and over 2,000 every month.
For people that arrive at our night shelter, hot food and a warm welcome is the beginning of their journey with us. It’s important for those who arrive at the hotel to have healthy, well-balanced nutritious meals.
How you can help provide food for homeless, vulnerable and isolated adults in Nottingham
We will be batch cooking food at Emmanuel House’s kitchen and making daily deliveries to the hotel for lunch and dinner. We need ingredients so that we can cook these fresh, tasty meals.
We would love to accept the following items from individuals, businesses, schools, faith groups and clubs:
- Fresh fruit and fruit pots
- Stock cubes
- Jars of cooking sauces
- Cooking oil
- Individual porridge pots
- Tins of tomatoes, vegetables, puddings, fruit, fish, meat, beans and pulses
- Fruit tea
- Instant coffee
- Long-life milk
Donation drop-off times:
Please bring your food donations to Emmanuel House Support Centre, 53-61 Goose Gate, Hockley, Nottingham, NG1 1FE during the following donation drop-off slots:
- Wednesday morning – 9:30am – 1:00pm
- Thursday afternoon – 2:00pm – 4:30pm
- Friday afternoon – 2:00pm – 4:30pm
In order to reduce the spread of infection, we’re striving to be as diligent as possible with our current health and safety procedures. The safety of our staff, service users and supporters is paramount to Emmanuel House, so please adhere to our current guidelines as best as possible:
- Please bring your food in boxes.
- Upon arrival, ring the Emmanuel House doorbell to notify our support staff.
- When one of our support staff has come to the door, please leave the box outside the front door. Please refrain from coming into the centre to drop off donations.
- Our support staff will be wearing full PPE whilst receiving your donations, including gloves, aprons and face masks.
- If you aren’t able drop off your donations during this time, please contact Rosie at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange another day.
If you aren’t able to drop off your donations to the centre, you can order them online via our Amazon Wishlist. They will get delivered directly to the centre.
If you are a food supplier or hospitality business, please get in touch to discuss any other items or services you could help us with. Please email email@example.com.
If you’d like to contribute to the cost of ingredients, you can donate money to the shelter. You can directly transfer to our bank account or drop off cash donations to the centre.
Sponsor a meal
You can also sponsor the food for one or all the guests in the hotel. This is how your money could help:
- £2.50 – one guest’s meals for one day
- £5.00 – one guest’s meals for two days
- £17.50 – one guest’s meals for one week
- £35 – one guest’s meals for two weeks
- £60 – everyone in the shelter’s meals for one day
- £120 – everyone in the shelter’s meals for two days
- £180 – everyone in the shelter’s meals for three days
- £420 – everyone in the shelter’s meals for one week
Please download the above donation form if you would like to sponsor a meal. If you’d prefer to donate a different amount, please simply specify it on the form. Any amount is very gratefully received and will help us to provide nutritious food for our guests. Please return your form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about Emmanuel House’s Harvest 2020 campaign, please get in touch – email@example.com.
Can you collect from me?
No, we aren’t currently able to collect from individuals. If you are struggling, why not club together with friends, family or colleagues and make a group donation.
We also have an Amazon Wishlist that enables you to order items online that will be delivered to Emmanuel House by courier.
Can you accept online supermarket deliveries?
Yes, please get in touch and we’ll provide you with a list of items we specifically need for that week.
Can I make something at home and drop it off?
Unfortunately, due to food hygiene regulations, we can only accept food that has been cooked in a kitchen that is registered with the Food Standard Agency and can provide a food hygiene rating certificate.
What do you do if a guest isn’t in their room? Can they heat the food up?
Yes, we have access to the hotel kitchen and heating facilities.
Can I become a volunteer and help cook the food at Emmanuel House
Yes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.