We rely on donations from individuals, schools, fundraising and businesses to continue providing much needed support and services to homeless and vulnerably housed people in Nottingham.
We are currently batch cooking food at Emmanuel House’s kitchen and making daily deliveries to the night shelter at a local hotel for lunch and dinner. We need ingredients so that we can cook these fresh, tasty meals.
We also give out packed lunches, drinks and snacks for service users that arrive at our drop-in centre. Find out more about this operation here.
We would love to accept the following items from individuals, businesses, schools, faith groups and clubs:
- Breakfast protein or muesli bars
- Cheddar cheese
- Chocolate bars
- Fresh fruit – apples, oranges & bananas
- Fruit pots
- Gravy granules
- Jars of cooking sauces (pasta, curry etc.)
- Multipacks of bottled water, fruit juice or soft drinks
- Pre-sliced meat
- Tinned sweetcorn
- Tinned minced beef and onions
- Tinned potatoes
- Tinned stewing steak
- Tinned tomatoes
- Tinned tuna
Snack donations for guests at the shelter
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the Nottingham Night Shelter moved into a hotel on 27th March 2020. At the hotel, we are providing our guests with food, hot drinks and snacks with the help of other voluntary sector organisations. If you’d like to donate snacks, drinks and breakfast items for our guests in the shelter, we’re specifically in need of the following:
- Bottles of soft drinks
- Breakfast bars
- Cheddar cheese
- Fruit tea
- Individual butter
- Individual porridge pots
- Ketchup sachets
- Mayonnaise sachets
- Pot noodles
- Small cartons of fruit juice
- Tinned vegetables – potatoes, carrot, peas
Clothes and toiletries for service users
We are currently in need of specific clothing items to give out to our service users over winter.
- Boxers (new only, medium and large)
- Draw-string bags
- Face masks
- Jeans (men’s sizes 30-34)
- Joggers (medium and large, our number one priority item)
- Tents (1 or 2 man)
- Trainers (size 8-10 for men, size 5+ for women)
- Waterproof jackets
- Women’s underwear (sizes 8-12/small-medium)
We’re currently in need of the following toiletries to give out to our service users:
- Disposable razors
- Shaving foam
- Shower gel
We also accept supermarket deliveries or individual donations if you’d like to drop off your own items instead of ordering through Amazon. If you’d like to arrange this, please get in touch – email@example.com.
Charity shop donations
- Accessories – non-pierced jewellery, belts, handbags, hats & scarves
- Fashionable clothing
- Interesting items
- Musical instruments
- Ornaments & gifts
- Shoes (especially trainers)
- Sleeping bags
- Socks (new or secondhand)
- Underwear (new only)
Please note we can’t accept the following items: furniture, bedding, household linen or curtains, bric-a-brac, crockery, glassware or kitchenware, audio-books, DVDs, CDs, vinyl, 18 certificates, counterfeit or homemade films and music, children’s safety equipment (car seats, harnesses, carriers or high chairs), protective headgear or clothing, dentures, jewellery for pierced body parts, opened/used cosmetics or toiletries, fur or ivory items in any guise, gas/oil appliances, batteries, gas ovens, medication or solvents, nightwear, upholstered items that don’t have the relevant safety labels, weapons, toy weapons, blades or objects that could be used as weapons.
We also are unable to accept large quantities of donations at any one time, such as house clearances.
Donation guidelines and drop-off times:
Please bring your donations to:
Emmanuel House Support Centre
53-61 Goose Gate
Monday to Friday
9:30am – 4:30pm
In order to reduce the spread of infection, we’re striving to be as diligent as possible with our current health and safety procedures. The safety of our staff, service users and supporters is paramount to Emmanuel House, so please adhere to our current guidelines as best as possible:
- Please bring your food in boxes and clothes in bin liners.
- Upon arrival, ring the Emmanuel House doorbell to notify our support staff.
- When one of our support staff has come to the door, please leave the box outside the front door. Please refrain from coming into the centre to drop off donations.
- Our support staff will be wearing full PPE whilst receiving your donations, including gloves, aprons and face masks.
- If you aren’t able drop off your donations during this time, please contact Rosie at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange another day.
If you’re planning on raising money for Emmanuel House with a sponsored event, get in touch to find out how we can help you prepare and promote your event.
For a paper sponsorship form click here.