The Charity Shop is a vital part of Emmanuel House and is stocked with clothing donated by members of the general public. Staffed entirely by volunteers, the shop provides an income for the charity that is essential to maintaining support services.
Tuesday: 12:00 – 16:00
Wednesday: 12:00 – 16:00
Thursday: 12:00 – 16:00
Friday; 12:00 – 16:00
Saturday 12:00 – 16:00
We are temporarily pausing the donations of second hand clothes to Emmanuel House and its charity shop. We will start accepting them again on 1st June 2021.
Thank you to everyone who has donated second hand clothes so far.
Our Nottingham charity shop is staffed entirely by volunteers so all money made from the sale of stock goes directly to supporting homeless, vulnerable and isolated adults in Nottingham.
The shop is a vibrant and engaging project that helped us to raise money for homeless, vulnerable and isolated adults in Nottingham.
If you are interested in volunteering in any part of the day and you would like to make a real difference to our work with homeless and vulnerable people, we would love to hear from you. For more information or to request an application pack please contact email@example.com.
- To assist with the daily running of the charity shop, serving customers, handling and reconciling cash
- Sorting and preparing donations
- Welcoming customers, encouraging the use of hand sanitiser and the one-way system
- Serving customers
- Preparing stock
- Organising and tidying stock
- Attending to the organising of the shop between customer sales
- Handling cash transactions
- Recording sales
Available shift times: 10am-1pm and 1pm-4pm.
Entitlements: Reasonable travel costs are reimbursed.