- This event has passed.
Emmanuel House Support Centre 2021 Open Days
24 September, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 1 October, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Emmanuel House Support Centre
An opportunity for new and existing supporters to see how Emmanuel House supports those who are homeless and rough sleeping in Nottingham
The close relationships we have with all our supporters and partners are one of Emmanuel House’s greatest assets, but the recent pandemic has meant that we have not been able to meet or welcome people into the centre.
Please join us on Friday 24th September, Saturday 26th September or Friday 1st October, when we will be opening our doors with pre-booked time slots.
Friday 24th September 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Saturday 25th September 10:00am – 1:00pm
Friday 1st October 2:00pm – 5:00pm
What you will get out of Emmanuel House’s Open Days:
- An opportunity to learn about life at Emmanuel House, including its homelessness prevention services and its work to support people out of homelessness.
- An opportunity to speak to staff about their roles and clients.
- An understanding of how your contribution could help the charity.
- Come into the building and see where the support work takes place. You can see where we give out food, clothes, showers and support.
- Meet volunteers that have been part of the Emmanuel House team for many years.
- Speak to Emmanuel House beneficiaries about their lived experiences of homelessness and how Emmanuel House has supported them.
You’ll be able to speak to staff about the following services:
- The Nottingham Night Shelter and its legacy
- Single Support Service and rough sleeper navigators
- BAME Tenancy & Outreach Support
- Wellbeing Support Team
- Independent Living support service
- Access support team
- A new service supporting victims of domestic abuse
- Volunteer recruitment
- Emmanuel House Charity Shop
- Tea, coffee and cake served from our kitchen
- Screening of Lone, a 10-minute film based on the lived experiences of homelessness
Some of the people who use our service are clinically vulnerable, so we are continuing to operate our Covid-secure precautions:
- We will be operating hourly time slots on each day, in order to limit the amount of people in the centre at one time.
- Tickets will be limited to 18 per hourly slot (not including staff or volunteers).
- We will ask all staff, volunteers and visitors to wear face masks.
- Hand sanitiser will be readily available and we’ll ask visitors to sanitise their hands when they arrive.
- We will be encouraging social distancing around the centre.
If you’d like to find out about anything else at Emmanuel House, please let us know and we’ll do our best to include it within the Open Days.
We look forward to seeing you soon.