Donation Guidelines “Clothing and other items”
Donations we cannot accept
- Large quantities of donations at any one time (such as house clearance)
- Electrical items
- Bedding or household linen (including curtains)
- Medication or solvents
- Gas/oil appliances, batteries, gas ovens
- 18 certificate, counterfeit or homemade films and music
- Crash helmets, hard hats or protective headgear and clothing
- Nightwear or upholstered items that don’t have the relevant safety labels
- Dentures, jewellery for pierced body-parts, opened and used cosmetics and toiletries
- Children’s safety equipment i.e. used car seats, harnesses, carriers, high chairs
- Fur or Ivory items in any guise
- Weapons or realistic toy weapons, blades or objects that could be used as weapons
What we can accept
- Fashionable clothing
- Men’s and Women’s clothing and shoes, especially good trainers
- Children’s clothing
- Accessories, non-pierced jewellery, belts, handbags, hats
- Bric-a-brac, crockery, glassware, kitchenware, and ornaments
- Books, unwanted gifts, audio-books, DVDs, CDs and vinyl – subject to certification and authenticity
All donations must be clean, usable and of saleable quality.
We can’t wash clothes.
The better the quality of your donation, the more useful it will be.
Please also ask us about volunteering opportunities in our shop
What we do with your donation
Your clothing donation is either given away to homeless and vulnerable clients or sold to raise money so we can help them make positive changes to people’s lives. You can choose to exercise your right to say how we use your donation.
Both homeless people and members of the public browsing in our shop are looking for the same thing. Quality clothing in good condition.
Your donations are welcomed through the main entrance (blue door) to the Support Centre, between 9am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
Please do not leave donations outside.
Contact us on 0115 950 7140 if you are unsure on what we accept, particularly if you are looking to make a donation outside of office hours.